This contest is now closed.
Celebrate back to school with a contest just for kids! Town N Country is holding a pet portrait competition – where children will send us their artwork of a favorite pet. A winner in each age group will receive a pass to the Greensboro Science Center and the Conservators Center, plus a package of goodies for your favorite pet, with treats, toys, and a leash!
The Greensboro Science Center, with an Aquarium, Museum and Zoo. See penguins, sharks, otters, eels, stingrays, and all kinds of fish. Get close to tigers, meerkats, monkeys, lemurs, and even crocodiles! Learn about dinosuars, hurricanes, and the human body. The Greensboro Science Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, committed to excellence in science education by providing the community with a dynamic, experiential and family-focused attraction designed to inspire scientific curiosity and encourage personal discovery about life and the natural world.
The Conservators Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit conservancy in Burlington, North Carolina that houses about 20 species of exotic animals, including lions, tigers, leopards, and wolves. You can meet the animals on guided tours and learn about their personalities, the species they represent, and how they came to live at the conservancy.
The Conservators Center reconnects people with wildlife by introducing visitors to rare, threatened, and endangered species—up close and personal, at times as close as 5 feet away! Looking a tiger in the eye, hearing lions call to one another, howling with wolves, and meeting a binturong for the first time will forever change your perspective. Guests visiting us for tours are our largest source of support to help us provide a high quality of care for our animals residents.
To enter the contest…
1. Encourage your child(ren) age 11 and under to create a portrait of their pet, using any medium.
2. Scan or take a photo of the artwork* and send it to us using the form below. Or drop it by Town N Country and we’ll scan it for you.
3. Deadline for entry is October 7, 2016.
4. Three prizes will be awarded, one for each of three age groups: 5 and under, 6 – 8, 9 – 11.
* Entries limited to two per child.
Your child’s artwork will be posted on the Town N Country website once received. All of the pictures will be reviewed by Mr. George R. Lentz, Sr., a local artist, who just happens to be the dad of one of our patients. (Take a look at his work here!) He’ll decide on the winner in each age group.
Terms and Conditions:
1. By entering, you certify that:
a. Your child is within the age range of your entry category.
b. You live within a 50 mile radius of Town N Country Animal Hospital.
c. The artwork was created by your child without assistance.
2. Winners must be able to come to Town N Country and bring the original artwork in order to claim their prize. Failure to respond within five business days will mean that the winner forfeits the prize and another winner will be chosen.
3. All winners will be notified via telephone. If the winner does not respond to the notification within five (5) business days, another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within five business days means that the winner forfeits the prize.
4. All photos and artwork submitted by you become the sole and exclusive property of Town N Country. We may use your submissions in any and all media without compensation to you of any kind.
5. We have no obligation to post artwork that we feel is inappropriate in nature.
6. Our contest decisions are final.
7. Employees and/or family members of Town N Country Animal Hospital or Dash Web Consulting are not eligible.
8. Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred.
9. Neither Town N Country nor Dash Web Consulting, their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of the usage of a prize by any winner including but in no way limited to each and every aspect of the taking of a trip or tour as part of a contest prize.
10. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, we may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
11. A contest is null and void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law.
12. We reserve the right to terminate the contest or alter any contest rules at any time without prior notice.
13. No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to enter the contest.