Town N Country recommends and partners with Trupanion Medical Insurance to help you with those unexpected costs of pet ownership. We chose to work with Trupanion for three reasons.
The Coverage. If your pet gets sick or is injured, a Trupanion policy will cover surgeries, diagnostic tests, medications, treatments, and hospital stays. There is always a 10% coinsurance payment that you will pay, and Trupanion covers the remaining 90%. Note that this does not cover pre-existing conditions, nor does it cover the physicians exam fee.
The Claim Process. Submitting a claim to Trupanion simply involves submitting the invoice online or by email. They do the rest. If your pet is seen in our hospital, the process is even easier, thanks to our very favorite part of Trupanion’s services…
Direct Pay. For our clients who are insured by Trupanion, we are now able to accept direct claim payments from them! This means that Trupanion can pay its portion of an approved claim at the time of checkout and you can leave paying only your portion of the bill. When we determine that your pet has a covered expense, we immediately submit it to Trupanion. They very quickly give us a response, and we know what they will pay, and what your responsibility will be. When you check out, you only pay your portion, and Trupanion pays us the rest! You don’t have to pay the total bill, submit a claim, or wait for reimbursement.
If you have questions about Trupanion, visit their website, or talk to one of us. Our partnership helps you navigate unpleasant surprises, keeping your pet healthy and happy for a lifetime!